Child Care Teacher
Locations: Carol Bush Center, De Pere Center, Ruth Helf Children's Learning Center, The Cornerstone Center, The Pulaski Center, The Rosebush
In a team-based environment, assisted by a Center Director dedicated to ongoing employee training and program support, our Child Care Teachers plan and implement a curriculum that is focused on play and children's interests. Teachers document children's progress through a proven assessment tool which facilitates lesson planning. In addition to providing ongoing communication and excellent customer service to children, families and co-workers, teachers assist with maintaining a healthy, safe and clean environment.
Qualified candidates will posses:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completed early childhood education coursework required by the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families; attainment of, or interest in earning, an Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education or Bachelor's degree in a related field is desired.
- Ability to communicate with and relate well with children and adults on a professional level, both verbally and in writing.
- Good health
- Required physical examination
- Ability to lift children (minimum of 25 lb)
- Ability to supervise children by sight and sound
- Mobility - ability to rise from low chairs or the floor and to reach children quickly
- Basic computer skills to allow for entry of children's observation data